Indulgent Easy Ice Cream

Indulgent Easy Ice Cream

This is a belated publication of a recipe that I made on Mother’s Day. An incredibly rich and delicious ice-cream that is a doddle to make. No messing on with an ice-cream maker, no repeated stirring in the freezer, just combine 3 ingredients and freeze. After all I wanted to relax a little on Mother’s Day and enjoy my family time.

Now I’m not even going to pretend this recipe has a healthy twist, it does contain a little fruit but is a delicious, decadent treat. I think we all need an indulgence occasionally.

Ingredients

• 1 pint double cream
  • 400g tin Condensed milk
  • 400g mixed berries (can use fresh or frozen)

FullSizeRender-28

I used a bag of frozen fruit but this would be a great summer recipe with fresh fruit.

Method

1. Whip double cream to a mousse like consistency
  2. Combine cream and condensed milk.
  3. Stir through fruit to create pretty ripples
  4. Freeze until firm and enjoy!

So there you have it… I did say it was easy and trust me it is really delicious!

30 second summary: Please make and enjoy this delicious easy ice cream when you need a little indulgence.

As always I do enjoy your comments if you have a few spare minutes!

Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com

Gym Bunny Mummy

12 thoughts on “Indulgent Easy Ice Cream

1. mummyofboygirltwins April 1, 2015 / 12:20 pm

Yummy this looks amazing! I’ve never thought to make my own – but now I might try! Delicious x

2. tenminutesspare April 1, 2015 / 9:12 pm

This really is easy to make. It is pretty rich but absolutely delicious! x

3. DrJuliet April 9, 2015 / 5:50 am

Just my kind of easy recipe. Wondering if can make it chocolatey. Do you think adding melted choc and choc chips would work?!

• tenminutesspare April 9, 2015 / 6:39 am

I’m sure you could. I suspect it might make it firmer once frozen but I think with any simple recipe like this it’s always worth experimenting. It is really rich though… For me the fruit definitely helps it from becoming sickly. My mum makes an amazing version with damson purée rippled through it… Now if chocolate chips were added to that I think it would be amazing! Maybe I’ll give it a try. Do let me know if you try an adaption too. X

4. MumReinvented April 12, 2015 / 9:02 am

That looks amazing! I’ve made a similar version before but never thought to add fruit to it, will have to give it a go – perfect for summer!

• tenminutesspare April 12, 2015 / 9:03 am

Ah thanks. My mum made it initially with a homemade damson ripple purée which was divine, this is just my easy version but it’s still yummy!

5. Honest Mum April 13, 2015 / 4:57 pm

I want this right now, gorge! Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays

• tenminutesspare April 13, 2015 / 6:11 pm

Thank you. It’s not the sort of recipe I’ve usually been sharing but it’s just so easy and tasty I couldn’t help it. Just right for a little treat.

6. martyn April 13, 2015 / 6:45 pm

Ice cream has been on our list of things to try and do for months now! Seeing this has made me think it’s about time we stop having them on the list and actually make it! It looks delicious! #SundaySweets

• tenminutesspare April 13, 2015 / 9:40 pm

This is a really easy recipe to get started. Hope you enjoy it whatever type you make.

7. laurababykicks April 14, 2015 / 10:36 am

Oh that is easy ice cream!!! Pinned to try that! #SundaySweets