Dried Fruit Compote

Dried Fruit Compoteg

A fruit compote is such a versatile dish. It could be used at breakfast as a topping for porridge. We all enjoy it with yoghurt as a healthy dessert. I have been known to pinch a few spoonfuls as a sweet snack with far more fibre and nutrients than a chocimageolate bar.

Here is one of my favourite versions made with a variety of dried fruits.

Ingredients

• 50g prunes
  • 50g dried figs
  • 50g dried apricots
  • 50g currents
  • 50g dried dates
  • Enough orange juice to cover fruit in pan. Around 600ml.
  • Optional mixed spice, cinnamon stick and crystallised ginger.

Method

(This is so easy it barely counts as a method)

• Place fruit in a saucepan and add spices and ginger if you are using them.
  • Cover with orange juice (it does work beautifully with apple juice too)
  • Simmer for around 20 minutes, or until the juice has reduced to a syrupy consistency.

I hope you enjoy this simple recipe dried fruit compote recipe. Do let me know if you would be interested in mE publishing nutritional profiles for any of the recipes on ‘Ten Minutes Spare?’

Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com

8 thoughts on “Dried Fruit Compote

1. NorthEastFamilyFun (@NEFamilyFun) April 10, 2015 / 8:02 am

YUM – I often choose fruit compote if I am eating out but have never made it myself – you make it look easy though and perfect for a weekend treat x

• tenminutesspare April 10, 2015 / 4:35 pm

It’s really yummy and so simple to make. I have such a liking for sweet things this satisfies my cravings and allows me to feel slightly more virtuous than eating chocolate!

2. Dragons And Fairy Dust April 14, 2015 / 10:49 am

This looks lovely and so easy to make. It would be brilliant as toppings for lots of things as well. I must give it a try

• tenminutesspare April 16, 2015 / 6:23 am

It really is tasty. So simple to make. Hope you enjoy it if you do make it.

3. The Free From Fairy April 15, 2015 / 9:15 am

Oh gosh! I love this kind of pudding. I am currently avoiding dried fruit and sugar…but when I am able to introduce dried fruit again I will be making this! #tastytuesdays.

• tenminutesspare April 16, 2015 / 6:20 am

Hope you enjoy it when you are eating dried fruit again. How long are you going sugar free for?

4. Honest Mum April 17, 2015 / 4:06 pm

Delicious. Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays

• tenminutesspare April 18, 2015 / 9:48 pm

Very welcome, I always enjoy reading the lovely recipes on your linky.