Dried Fruit Compoteg
A fruit compote is such a versatile dish. It could be used at breakfast as a topping for porridge. We all enjoy it with yoghurt as a healthy dessert. I have been known to pinch a few spoonfuls as a sweet snack with far more fibre and nutrients than a chocolate bar.
Here is one of my favourite versions made with a variety of dried fruits.
- 50g prunes
- 50g dried figs
- 50g dried apricots
- 50g currents
- 50g dried dates
- Enough orange juice to cover fruit in pan. Around 600ml.
- Optional mixed spice, cinnamon stick and crystallised ginger.
(This is so easy it barely counts as a method)
- Place fruit in a saucepan and add spices and ginger if you are using them.
- Cover with orange juice (it does work beautifully with apple juice too)
- Simmer for around 20 minutes, or until the juice has reduced to a syrupy consistency.